Last month, a good part of the world had their attention set on all the fashion shows happening in Paris and New York, getting a glimpse of what designers have prepared for us for the upcoming season. Based on these creations, Color Institute of Pantone usually suggests a combination of tones that form the base of stylish wardrobe and designs.
One of these colors (or 2 like this year, who knows!) you see below will become a color of 2017 and will set trends in many areas of our lives, including the wedding industry.
Our October mood board was inspired by some of the colors presented by Pantone’s fashion report, but it’s also here to celebrate the creativity that exists both in nature and in the human mind.
With a base of Island Paradise and Niagara tones, it is light and ethereal. These are hues easily found in nature, they’re refreshing and dreamy, perfectly suiting both formal and casual wedding styles. With trends still aimed towards natural looks, hazelnut hue will be a perfect connecting element, while rich gold accents will provide for luxurious, sophisticated looks, be it your dress, table setting, or a gorgeous wedding cake. Pale Dogwood hue provides for an excellent match to these tranquil tones; it’s unobtrusive and calm. To avoid repeating last season color decisions, we’d recommend going only for a little touch of this healthy tone, focusing on romantic blues instead.
Credits (clockwise from top left):
- Badgley Mischka shoes by Mint Photography (through Style Me Pretty blog)
- Color palette by Emily Jeffords
- Cutlery set shot by Momento Cativo (through Wedding Sparrow blog)
- Invitation suite by Brancoprata photography
- Chairs shot by Luna de Mare Photography (through Wedding Sparrow blog)
- Engagement ring by byangeline.com
- Marco & Maria — M&M Wedding Dresses Spring 2017, Courtesy Barcelona Bridal Fashion week
- Deep Blue and Gold Leaf Marbled Wedding Cake by Kristen Joy Photography
- Beach wedding inspiration by East Made Event Company. Photo by CJK Visuals, Blue Oceane Wedding Dress by Carol Hannah, Bouquet by Mobtown Florals